More than 3.4 billion people are active on social media. According to reports, social media is the primary source of eCommerce traffic. In terms of driving traffic to your website, social media outperforms traditional media. They provide numerous opportunities to gain business visitors and convert them into leads.
What is the best way to start a conversation? How can you make your social media posts more visible? How can you keep your audience interested? How can constant digital engagement be used to generate leads? Before even hopping on to the ways, let’s discuss some facts and statistics to understand the social media world better.
Social networks have transformed marketing, and their popularity is still growing, per the latest global social media statistics research summary for 2022. Furthermore, this report goes on to say that 59% of the world’s population uses social media. The daily usage average is 2 hours and 29 minutes (July 2022).
Now let’s understand the social media tips and tricks you can use to bring traffic to your website.
Begin with the fundamentals: Reach and Engagement
Any strategy that increases your social media reach, engagement, and a number of (quality) followers will help you get more eyes on your posts and profile and grow brand familiarity. This should result in an increase in social media referral traffic.
So, our first tip is to ensure that you are already adhering to general social media best practices. Then, apply the best practices most relevant to your brand and audience, from posting regularly and interacting with your followers to creating timely content with eye-catching visuals to increase your social media metrics.
Let’s see how you can do it by keeping in mind the following:-
First, assess your involvement
It’s difficult to assess your progress if you don’t know where you started.
Put on your data scientist hat (it looks great on you) and jot down your current number of followers, the average number of comments and shares per post, or whatever numbers are meaningful to you.
Then, keep regularly tracking to spot spikes or dips in engagement that can give you valuable insights into what’s working (or, more importantly, what’s not).
Choose your strategy
Of course, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution. Because each company’s business goals are unique, so will its social media strategy.
Your social media engagement goals may include the following, depending on what suits your brand and what your business has to offer:
- Changing the public’s perception of your company
- Creating new customer leads
- Obtaining feedback on new products
- Providing resources and advice to your audience
Understand your Target Market
Engaging people is difficult when you don’t know who you’re talking to. Language, tone, and resources that resonate will most likely differ between a skateboarding company and a gardening supply store. (Keep this for any gnarly grinding grannies out there.)
Knowing your target audience will also assist you in determining:
- When to publish
- On which social media sites to post
- Content type
- Brand voice, etc.
Create and share valuable content
Now that you know who is following you and why you want to reach them, you can move on to the third and most important ‘W’: what will I tell them? Content that is beneficial to the audience, addressing their needs and pain points, is essential. Again, consider “conversation” rather than “broadcast.”
It will be more difficult to connect if you only talk about how great your brand is or what you have for sale.
That said, don’t be afraid to experiment with these post ideas:
- Posing inquiries
- Encourage your audience to ask you questions (consider holding a “Ask Me Anything” session).
- Examine their knowledge
- Contests for uploading media
- GIF animations
- Customers are being highlighted
- Instagram Stories custom stickers or filters
Watching and learning is the best way to determine what content works. So be a content scientist (another adorable hat!). Experiment, watch the reaction, then tweak and repeat.
Concentrate on the social media platforms that generate the most web traffic
If you want to increase your social media traffic, selecting the best social media platform(s) for the job is an excellent place to start. So, which social media platform is best for driving traffic to your website?
Facebook is the best platform for social media referrals, according to Search Engine Journal, GrowthBadger, and The Economist. This is unsurprising, given that Facebook is still the most popular social media network. However, Twitter can be highly influential when Tweets go viral, resulting in massive traffic.
To step on the right platform for the right niche, consider the following:-
- Technology- Facebook (38.68%)
- Fashion and Beauty- Facebook, Pinterest (64.01%)
- Business and Marketing- Facebook (75.95%)
- Real Estate- YouTube (6.82%)
- Fitness- FaceBook (79.13%)
Summing it all up, Facebook is still one of the best social media platforms that have the most number of users throughout the globe.
Create Link Opportunities
The top opportunity is also the most difficult to achieve. Because this method is passive, the difficulty lies with the recipient rather than the implementation. It is dependent on a third party acting without your direct intervention.
Simply put, you rely on social media to promote your content and make people aware that it exists. It’s incredible how much great content gets little or no promotion despite being well researched and taking many hours to create. It clearly shows that your content has to be unique for Instagram bots to rank and the links to get clocked upon.
We’ve come across numerous pieces of content on social media that have left an impression on the niche audience. But on the other hand, some channels are just running on nothing but sheer disappointment. You do not have to bother bout all these things; you can always visit our website Bizgurukul.
Blogging and Evergreen Content for Better Engagement
Reading the tips above, it is easy to conclude that social media success depends on content. To post on Facebook twice a day, you must have a large amount of good content to share.
One solution is to use content from other websites (by linking to them rather than stealing their content), which will drive traffic to their site rather than yours, which is a problem. With this, every time you write a blog, you can share that on your social media handles for people to go and see your website to check that out.
To drive traffic to your website, share content from it, and the best way to do so is to start a blog and publish high-quality evergreen content. Evergreen content is always relevant and a great source of raw materials.
Memes are the Trending for Promotion
The term “viral” is closely associated with social media. Anything you find interesting, appealing, or relatable has the potential to increase traffic. If you want to increase site traffic, viral content is essential. However, it is not a simple matter. Remember that not all of your posts will go viral. Content must go viral if:
- People are eager to share your content.
- People will spread your message to reach the largest possible audience.
- Some examples of viral content are the most lively.
Memes: We’re all drawn to content with humor or hilarious memes. We are all enjoying and welcoming them. Some are amusing videos, animated gifs, images with secure messages, or humorous captions. These memes are simple to incorporate into your brands or products. Make sure you use it for entertainment and publicity. Avoid sensitive issues that could jeopardize your brand’s identity or cause controversy.
Human Senses Appealing Content: The viral recipe or food videos are sweeping the internet. These mouth-watering videos and images make us want more. However, something connects these viral videos. They appeal to the human senses, and things that make them more indulgent are included:-
- Sight (videos with vibrant colors and effects)
- Hearing (upbeat music)
- Smell (imagining the scent or aroma of spices)
- Taste (mouthwatering recipes)
- Touch (when your mouth touches this mouthwatering food)
To Increase Website Traffic, Reconsider your post Frequency Strategy
Understanding the various social media algorithms and how they work is also essential for driving more traffic from social media to your website. Depending on the platform you’re using, the frequency of your posts can either help or hurt you in terms of getting your content in front of your audience.
Kevin Young, The Economist’s Head of Audience, explained how he and his team tailored their approach to work with the algorithms of the various platforms and increase social media traffic to the website. The given are the top teachings of this economist and what he has to say about the changing behavior of the social media world:
- Twitter: Because Twitter users come and go throughout the day, you can post your top articles (your “greatest hits”) on rotation multiple times per day. This ensures that when people tune in, they will see a lot of high-quality content.
- Facebook’s algorithm dislikes it when you share the same articles multiple times per day. So, in this case, it’s best only to publish a small number of high-quality posts.
- Instagram: Instagram is best used as a shop window for your visual content, and The Economist posts on this platform an average of 8 times per day. However, the link-in-bio strategy can still drive substantial traffic to your website. Indeed, The Economist’s Head of Social Media later revealed that their link in bio feature has resulted in “several million referrals to our website and a significant increase in subscriptions and registrations.”
- The Economist used a conversational strategy on LinkedIn, encouraging comments and shares. This means they can post less frequently (around eight times per day) while still receiving high social media referrals.
Use click-through-friendly Content Techniques.
The text you use in captions and how you present your social media visuals can also help increase your social media referrals. Find a way to pique your audience’s interest while leaving them wanting more. Here are some techniques you can employ:
- Create a hook: To pique your audience’s interest, use something intriguing, such as an intriguing headline or the first part of a story. Then inform them that they can learn more on your website.
- Appeal to their FOMO: You can capitalize on people’s fear of missing out (FOMO) by emphasizing how important it is for them to learn more (via your website) and how they don’t want to be left out.
- Emotional messages or provocative images can appeal to your audience’s emotions, causing them to become emotionally involved and eager to continue engaging with your content.
- Include a call to action: Simply telling your social media followers to visit your website is a simple and effective way to encourage them to do so. In your posts, include a short and clear call-to-action (CTA) with a link to your website.
- When employing the techniques mentioned earlier, ensure that you consistently deliver what you promised in your post when users click through. Also, avoid clickbait headlines that are misleading or sensationalized and lead to low-quality websites. While clickbait strategies may help drive more traffic in the short term, people will be less likely to click through in the long run, fearing they will be disappointed again. Furthermore, while clickbait headlines may increase clicks, users tend to like and share the content less.
Staying alive in the social media world requires patience and persistence. The social media world is so dynamic that one must adapt continuously to the latest trends and technologies. Social media marketing strategies are fantastic but take time to bear fruit. These tried-and-true strategies will undoubtedly pay off in the long run. The only way to run a successful social media marketing campaign is to focus on the customer. Remember that social media can be a game changer if used correctly. But if you feel lost with all the information dispersedly available throughout the internet anytime in the future, then Bizgurkul can be the guiding light at such times.